NEON can provide researchers and educators with Letters of Support to accompany proposals that include the planned use of NEON resources.
Please note that researchers typically do not need letters of support for using publicly available NEON data and resources off the NEON data portal or NEON website. All NEON data are freely available from the NEON Data Portal along with protocols and other supporting documentation.
The temporary changes to NEON operations associated with COVID-19 may affect collaborative efforts involving Research Support/Assignable Assets and using NEON infrastructure. For more information, please see announcements in Observatory Status webpage.
Requesting the Correct Type of Letter
Ensure you are requesting the correct type of letter:
- Using existing NEON resources (e.g., data from the NEON Data Portal, website, instructional videos, discussions or general support from NEON scientists, or general Letters of Support:
- Request your letter by completing and submitting the form below.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks to process your request.
- Proposed research project requires access to NEON infrastructure, work within NEON plots, or the tower airshed:
- Requires requests from the NEON Biorepository:
- Includes NEON scientists or staff conducting part or some of the proposal work:
- Contact the NEON scientist or staff member regarding collaboration and the necessary budgetary information (if needed) prior to filling out the below request form.
- Begin working with the NEON scientist or staff member at least six weeks before a proposal deadline.
- Once scope of work is clearly defined with the NEON scientists or staff member, request a letter by completing and submitting the form below.