Papers & Publications
Do you have a recent paper that uses NEON data, samples, or other resources? Let NEON know - we can promote it!
Publication Promotion Form
There are now two ways to explore NEON publications - through our curated Zotero library, and through NEON's Dimensions page!
Dimensions & Altmetrics
NEON is proud to offer our own search page powered by Dimensions and Altmetrics. Here, you can discover NEON products (publications, grant, and policy documents) and easily explore any metrics associated with those papers. This new automated page adds a new, different level of finding papers that involve NEON data, samples, authors, and much more.
Every month, publications that use NEON data and resources are identified through a comprehensive database search. These publications are imported into a public Zotero library, where they are tagged to make them easy to query. Below, you will find instructions for finding publications of interest. If you know of a publication not included in the list, please notify us.
To access the library and search publications of interest:
- Visit the NEON publications group on Zotero. The most recently added publications will appear on a table on the home page.
- To view the full library, click on “Group Library.” Links can be found at the top and bottom of the recently added items table.
- In the top right of the page, you will see a search icon with the options to search by title, creator, year or title, creator, year + full-text content.
- To filter publications by tag, type in the tag you would like into the “Filter Tags” field at the bottom left side of the screen. There will be author tags visible as well. Tags that have been added by NEON include:
- NEON Assignable Asset
- Publications that used a NEON assignable asset
- NEON Acknowledged
- Publications that acknowledge NEON. For information on how to appropriately acknowledge use of NEON in your work, please read our citation guidelines
- NEON Algorithm/Protocol
- Publications that used a NEON algorithm or protocol
- NEON Author
- Publications with a NEON author. These publications do not necessarily use NEON data or resources.
- NEON Data
- Publications that used NEON data
- NEON Samples
- Publications that used NEON samples
- Open Access
- Publications that are open access.
- Other tags allow you to search by location and data product or sample IDs (if known)
- Domain in the format D01, D02, etc., or state names
- Field site name abbreviation (e.g., SCBI)
- Data product IDs in the format DPn.nnnnn.nnn. You can do a string search for “DP” or “DP1”, “DP2”, etc.
- Sample class for sample IDs
- NEON Assignable Asset