Frontiers in Ensemble Data Assimilation for Geoscience Applications Workshop
The workshop will run from August 4 - 7 and will focus on:
- Ensemble assimilation for atmosphere, ocean, land and coupled earth system models.
- Hybrid ensemble variational assimilation techniques.
The workshop is open to all researchers interested in exploring current techniques and applications of data assimilation in the geosciences.
The Graduate Student Tutorial (August 3 - 7) will cover:
- An introduction to ensemble data assimilation.
- Using the Data Assimilation Research Testbed (DART) community software facility.
- Using DART with the Weather Research and Forecast (WRF) model.
- Using DART with the Community Earth System Model (CESM).
The tutorial will prepare graduate students with an interest in data assimilation to be active participants in the workshop. By the end of the week, students will be ready to do research using DART with a variety of geoscience models and observations.