Explore Opportunities with the NEON Project and Battelle:
The National Science Foundation's NEON is a 30+ year project dedicated to collecting and providing open access continental-scale data to better understand how our nation's ecosytems are changing. Operated by Battelle, the observatory relies on hundreds of scientists and engineers to collect, process and provide over 175 data products from 81 field sites located in ecosystems from Alaska to Puerto Rico. Our teams use cutting-edge technology, including an airborne observation platform that captures images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, relocatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field scientists who observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. Once measurements and observations are collected, a leading edge cyberinfrastructure calibrates, stores and publishes the data. The observatory includes more than 500+ personnel and is the first of its designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
Why work on the NEON project?
- Work side-by-side with intelligent people who are passionate about delivering excellence in science and technology through an unwavering commitment to integrity and innovation.
- Do inspiring work that solves some of the world's toughest challenges.
- Balance your professional and personal life to ensure success inside and outside of work.
- Thrive in an organization that is strategically positioned for future growth and provides opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Be a part of an organization fully committed to volunteerism, that invests in and provides our expertise to philanthropic causes and education.
- Be recognized and rewarded for high performance through competitive compensation and benefit programs as well as meaningful employee recognition programs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.