Are you the kind of person who is excited about NEON data and resources and their potential to advance discovery and education? Eager to grow the diversity of the open science NEON user community? Has ideas and a drive to form a like-minded team to foster the NEON community to realize its potential? If so, apply to become a part of the NEON Ambassadors Program: a select and dynamic group of researchers and educators who want to make a difference to the future of NEON!
We invite applications from a diverse array of NEON-enthusiasts, whether early-, mid-, or late-career, from a governmental, academic, industry, or non-profit institution, to join the inaugural cohort of up to 20 ambassadors in designing and kicking off the program Fall 2021.
Apply by 11:59PM Pacific Time on August 31, 2021
What You Can Expect
The inaugural cohort of NEON Ambassadors will contribute to a community-driven design for the program. A series of virtual workshops professionally facilitated by the creative folks at Knowinnovation is planned for Fall 2021. The co-created projects and teams emerging from the workshops will then pilot these efforts starting in Spring 2022.
Time commitment for Fall 2021 is driven by the schedule of workshops (see Dates below). Preparation and participation in each workshop is a requirement of joining the program. The time commitment for Spring 2022 will be driven by the ideas generated in the fall workshops, but should be anticipated to require a minimum of 2-3 hours per month.
For your application to be considered we ask that you are:
- Researcher and/or educator excited about NEON and with a strong drive to serve a diverse and interdisciplinary user community
- NEON community, from early career (post-doc) to emeritus
- Working with NEON data, samples, online resources, or infrastructure in research or education
- Affiliated with a US institution from any sector, including US-affiliated researchers who are currently working or studying abroad
Application Process, Deadline, and Target Dates
Please review the tentative dates below for cohort-based events. Preparation for and participation in each workshop event is a requirement of joining the program to help ensure building a strong and engaged cohort that includes each member’s perspective. If these dates might work for you, complete an online application here. The application consists of general information about you, a few short answer questions, and a CV upload. Applications must be submitted by 11:59PM PT on August 31, 2021.
Applications will be evaluated by the following criteria - each is given equal weight by the review committee:
- Applicant qualifications, background, and experience - program discussions and outcomes will benefit from participants that reflect diverse expertise, institutions, perspectives, ethnicity, gender, ability, and career stage.
- Alignment of the applicant’s specific career objectives with the NEON program.
Selected candidates will be notified by email in mid-September 2021.
- Nov 3, 5
- Nov 10
- Nov 15, 17, and 19
- Nov 22
- Dec 3
On each date, Ambassadors will meet from 10AM - 12PM Pacific Time (1PM - 3PM ET)
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org