Please note: We are experiencing a problem with being able to show jobs on our career portal and are working on it. In the meantime if you are experiencing trouble with loading the jobs, please try a different browser. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Each year, NEON hires hundreds of temporary field technicians to assist our full-time field operations staff with observational sampling. NEON field sites are located in 24 states across the U.S plus Puerto Rico; and the sites are located in some of the nation’s most pristine and wild areas. These opportunities are perfect for up-and-coming scientists who want valuable fieldwork experience collecting data for a continental-scale ecology project.
All Open Careers with the NEON Project
Battelle and its affiliate, Battelle Ecology, Inc. manage and operate the National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) project, which is solely funded by the National Science Foundation. Check out other open positions via the following links:
NEON is a 30+ year project dedicated to understanding how changes in climate, land use and invasive species impact ecology, the observatory’s scientists and engineers are collecting a comprehensive range of ecological data on a continental scale across 20 eco-climatic domains representing US ecosystems. Our teams use cutting-edge technology, including an airborne observation platform that captures images of regional landscapes and vegetation; mobile, relocatable, and fixed data collection sites with automated ground sensors to monitor soil and atmosphere; and trained field crews who observe and sample populations of diverse organisms and collect soil and water data. Once structures are completed, a leading edge cyberinfrastructure calibrates, stores and publishes this information. The Observatory includes more than 500+ personnel and is the first of its designed to detect and enable forecasting of ecological change at continental scales.
Why work on the NEON project?
- Work side-by-side with intelligent people who are passionate about delivering excellence in science and technology through an unwavering commitment to integrity and innovation.
- Do inspiring work that solves some of the world's toughest challenges.
- Balance your professional and personal life to ensure success inside and outside of work.
- Thrive in an organization that is strategically positioned for future growth and provides opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Be a part of an organization fully committed to volunteerism, that invests in and provides our expertise to philanthropic causes and education.
- Be recognized and rewarded for high performance through competitive compensation and benefit programs as well as meaningful employee recognition programs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels.