This is an update to the previous post concerning the delay in external lab particulate carbon and nitrogen data.
Due to low sample size for some sites during the initial pilot study, a second round of pilot analyses were required to determine if the remaining sites would require decarbonation via acidification for all samples going forward. The pilot analyses are done, and NEON Scientists have made decisions about which site will require continued decarbonation going forward.
Users should still expect data publication to be up-to-date by September 30, 2022.
This delay affects the following data products, with published analyte – analyteUnits in parentheses:
- Periphyton, seston, and phytoplankton chemical properties (DP1.20162.001) and stable isotopes in surface water (DP1.20206.001):
- Particulate organic C stable isotope ratio (d13C – perMill)
- Particulate organic C concentration (carbon – migrogramsPerLiter)
- Particulate organic N stable isotope ratio (d15N – perMill)
- Particulate organic N concentration (nitrogen – microgramsPerLiter)
- Particulate phosphorus concentration (phosphorus – microgramsPerLiter)*
* DP.20162.001 only
Chemical properties of surface water (DP1.20093.001):
- Total particulate C (TPC – microgramsPerLiter)
- Total particulate N (TPN – microgramsPerLiter)
Please use the Contact Form for further inquiries; please select DP1.20162.001 (for algal chemistry), DP1.20206.001 (for surface water isotopes) or DP1.20093.001 (for surface water chemistry) in the Data Product drop-down list and include the term "INC0039921" in the body of your request.