This is an update to the previous post concerning the delay in external lab particulate carbon and nitrogen data.
Sample analysis for the pilot study has concluded. Currently, NEON Scientists are analyzing the data to determine which sites will require decarbonation via acidification for all samples going forward. Final determination of sites will be made in July 2022, at which time the external facility will resume regular analysis on a backlog of samples.
As was proposed in the previous post, users should still expect data publication to be up-to-date by September 30, 2022.
This delay affects the following data products, with published analyte – analyteUnits in parentheses:
- Particulate organic C stable isotope ratio (d13C – perMill)
- Particulate organic C concentration (carbon – migrogramsPerLiter)
- Particulate organic N stable isotope ratio (d15N – perMill)
- Particulate organic N concentration (nitrogen – microgramsPerLiter)
- Particulate phosphorus concentration (phosphorus – microgramsPerLiter)*
* DP1.20162.001 only
Chemical properties of surface water (DP1.20093.001):
- Total particulate C (TPC – microgramsPerLiter)
- Total particulate N (TPN – microgramsPerLiter)
We will provide another update by the end of August 2022 confirming the progress of the timeline outlined above. Please use the Contact Form for further inquiries; please select DP1.20162.001 (for algal chemistry), DP1.20206.001 (for surface water isotopes) or DP1.20093.001 (for surface water chemistry) in the Data Product drop-down list and include the term "INC0039921" in the body of your request.