Given the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, the organizing committee of the structural diversity workshop has decided to go to a shorter virtual meeting format on May 18th and 19th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EST and to postpone the in-person site meeting for a future date.
Please cancel all travel arrangements you have made for May 19-20th in Boulder, CO but reserve May 18th and 19th for the virtual workshop.
For those of you who received travel awards please try to get a refund, but if you are not able to do so contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get additional directions as new information becomes available.
Goals of virtual meeting:
- Scope and general framework of structural diversity (basis for first proceedings article)
- Discuss topic areas of interests and the possibility of a special issue
- Discussions through break-out groups that may form into working groups for articles
Format of virtual meeting:
- Presentations and break-out discussions via Zoom with ~60 participants that will meet at a future date in Boulder, CO at the NEON headquarters.
Goals of site workshop:
- Educational instruction for measuring structural diversity w/LiDAR (tutorial posted here)
- Develop articles for special issue in working groups developed from virtual meeting
- Opportunities to build future collaborations
- This workshop is led by PI Songlin Fei and co-PIs BS Hardiman and EA LaRue of Purdue University.
For questions, please contact Dr. Elizabeth LaRue and specify “Forest structural diversity workshop” as the subject.