Join us for an intensive three-day, hands-on, remote workshop and learn how to create, use, deploy, and share analyses of NEON AOP data using the CyVerse platform.
In this workshop you will learn how to use the NEON Data API and work with hands-on exercises using Airborne Obeservation Platfrom (AOP) remote sensing data in the RStudio, Project Juypter (Python) notebooks, and open source desktop GIS applications (QGIS, GDAL, PDAL, GRASS-GIS).
Who should attend?
Any researcher seeking to work with NEON data and make computational analyses easier and more reproducible. Must enjoy a collaborative, innovative environment. Preference will be given to NSF BIO-funded PIs and early career researchers. Registration is limited to the first 50 enrollees.
What will I learn?
- How to understand and use NEON Data API
- How to work with RStudio and Python Notebooks
- How to store and move data around the Cloud
- How to scale out your computation: from laptop to cloud to HPC
Recommended experience for this workshop
- Linux command line, directory structures, shell commands
- Using and running analysis tools from the command line
- Basic programming experience in R or Python
Click here to register for this free workshop. You will need to login to your CyVerse account (or sign up for a free account if you don’t have one already). Once logged in, you may need to click the ‘Register’ button again to prompt the enrollment process.