The NEON Data Skills program is dedicated to providing online resources and learning opportunities for people interested in building essential data skills for using large spatiotemporal data like NEON data.
Our materials focus on fundamental concepts and skills needed to work with a variety of data types and formats—including spatial data, time-series data, and remote sensing data. Topics range from data literacy, data management and data wrangling to visualization and are developed and tested with extensive community input. All tutorials utilize free and open tools such as R, Python, QGIS, plot.ly and more.
We also collaborate with other institutions, scientists and educators to create tutorials, teaching materials and workshops. If you are interested in working with us, please contact us.
- Explore our free, self-paced data tutorials
- Implement NEON-themed teaching modules in your classroom
- Browse our workshop materials
- Learn more about our NEON Data Institutes
- Learn more about our Faculty Mentoring Network
- View science videos to use in your workplace or classroom