Document Your Code with R Markdown
This series teaches you to use the R Markdown file format to document code and efficiently publish code results & outputs.
After completing the series, you will be able to:
Document & Publish Your Workflow: R Markdown & knitr
- Explain why documenting and publishing one's code is important.
- Describe two tools that enable ease of publishing code & output: R Markdown and
Document Code with R Markdown
- Know how to create an R Markdown file in RStudio.
- Be able to write a script with text and R code chunks.
- Create an R Markdown document ready to be ‘knit’ into an HTML document to share your code and results.
Publish Code - From R Markdown to HTML with knitr
- Be able to produce (‘knit’) an HTML file from a R Markdown file.
- Know how to modify chuck options to change the output in your HTML file.
Things You’ll Need To Complete This Series
You will need R and RStudio installed on your computer. Installation instructions are here.