2017 Data Institute
2017 Theme: Remote Sensing with Reproducible Workflows
Our 2017 Institute focuses on remote sensing of vegetation using open source tools and reproducible science workflows – the primary programming language will be Python. The Institute will be held at NEON headquarters in June 2017.
Key 2017 Dates
- Applications Open: 17 January 2017
- Application Deadline: 10 March 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: late March 2017
- Tuition payment due by: mid April 2017
- Pre-institute online activities: 1-17 June 2017
- Institute Dates: 19-24 June 2017
NEON’s Data Institutes provide critical skills and foundational knowledge for graduate students and early career scientists working with heterogeneous spatio-temporal data to address ecological questions. Learn more about NEON Data Institutes.
The teaching materials from the 2017 Data Institute will be available as self-paced online tutorials available on neondataskills.org after the Institute. In the meantime, you can access the 2016 Data Institute materials here. These 2016 materials were designed to be used in the context of the workshop with an instructor. In 2016, the programming language we taught with was R.