All particiapants will need to bring their own laptop with them to the Institute. More details about the necessary software that will be required will be available prior to the Institute. All required software will be free and available for download.
All aspects of the Data Institute are held at the Battelle-NEON Headquarters in Boulder, Colorado.
1685 38th St., Suite 100 Boulder, CO 80301
Participants are responsible for finding their own housing. Boulder offers a wide variety of housing options. Upon acceptance of participants into the Data Institute, we will provide a forum for participants to arrange co-housing with one another if they choose.
Transportation to/from Denver International Airport
The AB route runs directly between DIA and Boulder. Transit time is roughly 1 hr and the cost is $9 (see below for more information on bus passes, some passes include airport transit). Please note that if you pay on the bus, you must pay cash and the drivers can’t make change.
Transportation to/from NEON & around Boulder
There are several transportation options to get you to/from NEON (located at 1685 38th Street, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80301) for attendance at the NEON Data Institute.
Bus passes can be purchased for Boulder’s/Colorado’s Regional Transit District (RTD).
- A monthly pass (for local transport only, not airport) can be purchased for $99.
- A 10-ride pass can be purchased for $23.50.
- A 5-day pass can be purchased for $26.
- Bus route maps, and route planners can be found online on RTD’s website.
Bike trails and routes connect many parts of Boulder.
- Many local bike shops in Boulder offer bike rentals, including Boulder Bikesmith, which offers a 1 week city cruiser rental for $100.
- Boulder also offers a bike-share system, Boulder B-Cycle, with rates starting at $20 for 7 days’ worth of unlimited 30 minute rides. The B-Cycle station at 38th & Arapahoe (13 parking docks) within a block of NEON. Helmets are not available with B-Cycle rentals, you may wish to bring your own.
Numerous taxi companies, as well as Uber and Lyft, operate in Boulder.
Vehicle Rental & Parking
- Vehicles can be rented from Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc.
- Visitor parking will be available at NEON for Institute participants.
Lunches, snacks and coffee/tea will be provided each day of the Data Institute. Participants are responsible for all other meals during the program. Dietary restrictions and preferences can be accomodated.
Cancellations must be received in writing to the NEON Data Skills team. In the case of cancellation after the payment of tuition,
- Full tuition, less processing fees, will be refunded if cancellation is more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the Institute.
This cancellation policy applies to all registrants for the Data Institutes. If extenuating circumstances arise causing the cancellation, please contact the NEON Data Skills team to make arrangements.