The NEON Science Community Forum is a place for you to discuss NEON data, tools, resources, opportunities, calls for proposals, research ideas, new discoveries and any other topic of interest to the user community.
The forum is open to the public, and although NEON project personnel monitor and participate in the forum, it is primarily moderated and driven by the community. You can follow existing discussions about Accessing NEON Data, Using NEON Infrastructure, and NEON Resources, or start a new discussion topic. Are you looking for other people using NEON data, R packages to analyze NEON data, other data that’s complementary to NEON data for your research site, or graduate students to work on your new grant? Try posting your ideas, questions, opportunities and challenges for the community to join your discussion.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started?
- To read existing discussions and comments, simply browse the NEON Science Community Forum.
- If you want to post comments or start a new topic, you will need to create a free user account:
- To sign up, go to the NEON Science Community Forum and click on the blue Sign Up button in the top right area of your browser window to set up a new account
- Once you set up an account, help menus and tutorials will appear for you to learn how to use the forum effectively.
What if I want to receive forum posts via email (like a traditional listserv, e.g., Ecolog_L)?
No problem at all. Once you setup an account, you can customize your preferences in your profile:
- Click the circle button in the top right corner of your browser window
- Select your user name at the top of the menu
- Select Preferences in the top menu
- Select Emails from the left side menu
- You can customize your email preferences to receive weekly summaries, enable mailing list mode, etc.
If I have a specific question about a NEON field site or data product, is this the best place to post my question?
You are also welcome to post the question on the forum, and you will likely receive responses from a variety of people, including NEON staff, but the reply time may be longer than the form noted above.